- Using the primary resources, Sherrod Letter have the students read and re-enact what they would have been doing as members of the CCC.
- What were some of the benefits that came to the country from the creation of the New Deal Programs?
- How did these programs directly help Arizona?
- Go over with students who, what, when, where and why code talkers were used in WWII.
- Give students the Code Talkers Alphabet Student hand out
- Show PowerPoint with code deciphering activity
- Have students create some of their own codes
- Have students switch codes and see if they can figure each others codes out.
Create your own new deal program
- After learning about Roosevelt’s New Deal projects
- Have the students get into groups
- And create their own new deal projects
- Have the students fill out the new deal worksheet for their project.