Flagstaff Library and Archives
The AHS Northern Division archives are located in the Special Collections department of Northern Arizona University’s Cline Library. See map and hours below.
The AHS-Northern Division archives include various types of collections such as photographs, ephemera, manuscripts and oral histories. The collections are listed below, alphabetically by type. Using the links you will find background and content information about each collection. The search box in the right hand column can be used to search across all the collection guides.
In July 2016, the photograph, oral history, and ephemera collections were temporarily moved to the AHS-Tempe location for processing. Reference questions for these collections can be sent to:
Rebekah Tabah Percival, Photo Archivist and Curator
Arizona Historical Society
1300 N. College Ave.
Tempe, AZ 85281
Reading Room: 480-387-5355
The Manuscript collections will remain at the Cline Library. Reference inquiries for the manuscript collections can be sent to:
Cline Library, NAU
1001 S Knoles Dr.
P.O. Box 6022
Flagstaff, AZ 86011
- Arizona Lumber & Timber Company
- Ashurst, Henry F.
- Babbitt, George
- Babbitt, Gosney
- Buffalo Soldiers Museum
- Coconino Caverns
- Cook, Earle
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Coconino Chapter
- Field, Harry (City Manager Collection)
- Flagstaff Arizona Police Journal
- Flagstaff Chamber of Commerce Powwow Records
- Flagstaff Community Hotel Company
- Flagstaff Electric Light Company
- Flagstaff Indian Pow-wow
- Flagstaff Justice Court Records
- Flagstaff Water Utilization Commission
- Flagstaff Womens Club
- Flagstaff Yearbook Collection
- Foodtown Supermarket
- Ford, Ed
- Fuss, Jack
- Gold, Frank
- Hochderffer, George
- Juarez, Ralph (Labor Union collection)
- Killip, Joyce
- Kinsey, Luna
- Kiwanis Club
- Lee, Russell
- Lindemann, Peter
- Mackey, Malcolm (Railroad collection)
- Matson, Andrew
- Melick, Dermont W.
- Midgley Bridge Dedication Book
- Milton Hospital Patient Register
- Montgomery, Monte & Rozella
- Northern Arizona Trails & Roads
- Platten, Mary F.
- Richardson, Gladwell
- Riordan Family
- Safeway Grocery Store
- Santa Fe Railroad Water Resources
- Savory & Foster Families
- Sisson Letter Book
- Snider, Samuel E
- Southwest Forest Industries
- Thomas, Dorothea
- Wallace, William B.
- Weatherford, John
- White Mountain Lumber Company
- William F. Hull & Company
- Williams, Bill (Mountain Men/Thomas Way collection)
- Wilson, Charles B.
Cline Library Digital Archives – The Colorado Plateau Resources
Many of the AHS Northern Division images can be found on the Colorado Plateau digital archives. NAU archivists and web designers have combined diaries and letters, oral history recordings, films, slides and maps to present state-of-the-art online exhibits of Flagstaff and northern Arizona history.
Cline Library hours and map
Cline Library Special Collections and Archives hours can be consulted online at: http://library.nau.edu/whats_new.html#hours or Call (928) 523-5551 for holiday hours and seasonal changes.
Click http://home.nau.edu/maps.asp to access an online map of the NAU Campus.
Return to Library and Archives Homepage.